Sunday, September 8, 2013

House full of Love

We had the pleasure of hosting many visitors this past week. With the upstairs somewhat inhabitable, it was a bit of musical beds, but we made it work. 

My parents spent the entire week with us, while Aunt Tammy stopped in for just a couple of nights on a whirlwind West Coast Tour. We stopped by Everybody's Brewing in White Salmon one day when Opa and husband went for a morning fishing trip on the Klickitat River. I would show you a picture of the fish they caught, but they were not very successful. 

http://www.everybodysbrewing.com/

Then, Aunt Tammy and I went for a little wine tasting tour in downtown Hood River.

Later, my mom and I snuck back to Bingen to find some chairs at Antiques and Oddities. I found a set of 4 bentwood chairs for $50, and another set of 4 antique ladderback chairs for $150. Finally, though we didn't need it, I felt like I needed to find a place for this table. They gave me a screaming deal, and I was completely in love with the legs.





I drove back over the Hood River Bridge with my mom, bless her heart, in the back seat holding onto the table. I thought for sure we were going to lose the table in the middle of that bridge. We just prayed and prayed.



When we returned, Aunt Tammy and my mom got in the trampoline with the kids. WOW is all I can say. These photos are priceless!



Hang on, mommy!


Check out Aunt Tammy's moves!


In the meantime, some more friends came to visit. We picked some peaches, wild grapes, and blackberries and made shakes for the kids, then settled down for a big family dinner (with Tammy en route to Vancouver, B.C.).



After a week of canning, I was pretty done with the kitchen. My mom made an amaaaaaazing chicken dish, and my friend made delicious pasta. And the kids were so happy to have friends, that they partied and played with each other the entire time.

Finally, it was time for Abu and Opa to go. As I drove them to the airport, we were greeted with the most beautiful rainbows, one after another, all the way down the Columbia River. What a great sendoff.





No comments:

Post a Comment