Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Back to the farm Thursday night. Yay!

Since I had the trailer most of the day and the speed limit on that puppy is 55, I let Jesse take it back to the farm. This mama don't ride no 55. He was also taking a detour to pick up a ping pong table from a friend.

I loaded up the car and took the kids and decided to meet Jesse there. They were a little bored in the car, but are learning to entertain themselves by looking at the beautiful scenery. They have also learned to pack their backpacks with books and colors.



I have to say, when we arrived at the farm, I was more than a little scared. There's this cellar door that doesn't lock (or so I thought), and I was convinced someone was camping out in the house. I mean, if I were cruising around looking for a place to stay and saw this house, I would totally bunk down here when nobody is around.

The kids were running around the house, and on one hand I wanted them to go ahead and do that so I'd feel safe, and on the other hand, I knew I had to force myself to be mature enough to be the one to face the predator that was waiting for us in the house.

So, I grabbed the kids and took them outside on the guise of checking the mail. That would take at least 15 minutes for us to trek down to the road and back. Maybe the predator would hear us too, and find that to be a great opportunity to leave without a confrontation. Then I called Jesse and said, "where the hell are you? I'm scared!!!!"

Luckily, Jesse was only 15 minutes away, so when we got there, he promptly set up the kids picnic table and headed inside to check all the rooms.



But not the basement, because there's a big hairy Octopus down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment