Monday, October 7, 2013

More fun on the finca

This is what my dog did all weekend:


Guess what she found? The lady who owned the farm before us referred to them as "diggers" which we finally realized, after one of them popped out of the hole and ended up in Molly's mouth, are ground squirrels. We have gophers, too.

I screamed, she dropped it, and that squirrel ran for her life.

Later, we headed to Draper Girls Country Farm to get our goat fix. It's just a bit up I-35. It's a nice place, with a cute country store, MAJOR U-Pick opportunities, and my favorite - goat feeding. There were some brand new baby goats in the pack. They were so cute.

Kids feeding kids...




Saw some pigs in a big pile of mud. Made me seriously question my allegiance to bacon.




Found a stray in the attic. Thought it might be the queen bee, so we trapped it and had planned to bring it to Frank, the bee guy.



It was most definitely NOT the queen bee. Check out the stinger action below. This guy was gearing for a fight.




Checking out the view of Mt. Adams...


Then Jesse and Sr. Yellow Jacket had a discussion, man to man. It's either you or me, dude. I know if I let you out, you are going to sting me good....


So you can imagine what we did. Husband had a tough time with it when all was said and done. It's one thing to swat a fly without thinking. It's another to do it in with intent.

What would you have done? Driven it to the nearest town and let it go? Stomped on it without another thought? Do you think the tiniest creatures have souls?

I told him he was protecting his wife and children. If you see him, please don't ask him about the experience. I was there. That yellow jacket got in our heads. It was a trip.


Later that day, we headed back to Portland. It was time for the grandparents to head back home. The kids enjoyed special time with them before they left.





Bye bye, Nanny and Poppy. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment