Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Let the Major work begin!

Finally, it was ready for the paint removal guys to come. I had been counting down the days that we would see the green come off this house.

I don't have a problem with the paint, mind you, except that you can peel it off the shingles with your bare hands.

Not exactly child safe, as this is surely lead based paint.

We hired Ed Bell and Sons to remove the paint. They treat the employees with much respect, and not only are they well equipped to safely remove the paint, but they are regularly tested for elevated levels of lead (via a blood test).

I came by on day 2 of the job. None of us knew what to expect, because clearly there had been some windows removed and replaced. But I wasn't expecting this:





One of the guys asked me what I thought (oh please don't ask me what I think!). But I recently have been working on thinking before I speak, so I said, "I think your work is phenomenal, but I wasn't expecting to see big patches of different colored shingles."

I've used this company before. When I was pregnant with my first child, I interviewed a few companies to remove the failing paint from the trim of my old house. I ultimately choose Ed bell & sons.

We went from this:



to this:



we had to put in a little elbow grease too, though.



oh no no no, it was not that easy. You will see. Think 9 months pregnant, dry walling a ceiling. More pictures to come.

I want my old house back.


No comments:

Post a Comment